Self Paced Online Course
New Strategies to Initiate Buprenorphine Therapy: Microdosing and Macrodosing
This session will review the initiation of buprenorphine for OUD using the microdosing and macrodosing approaches. We will review why these emerging approaches are preferable to traditional approaches, the supporting evidence, and the practical pearls for implementation.
At the end of this module, participants will:
- Describe microdosing (low dose) and macrodosing approaches to buprenorphine initiation
- Recall the evidence supporting each of these approaches
- Discuss the approaches of microdosing and macrodosing when applied to patient care.
This course is self-paced and the estimated time to complete is approximately 90 minutes. In addition to viewing the 60-minute video presentation, learners must earn a score of 80% or higher on a post-assessment and complete the post evaluation to receive contact hours or CME credits for completing the course. Supplemental course materials (i.e. pdf of slides) are also provided.
The Maine Medical Education Trust designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course qualiﬁes for 1.5 credits of the 3 CME credit requirement for opioid medication education found in P.L. 2015, Chapter 488, Maine’s legislation to address the opioid drug crisis.
Duration & Fee:
- Estimated Time to Complete: 1.5 hours (includes viewing recording, and completing both the quiz and evaluation)
- Registration Fee: FREE for Maine Clinicians
- CME Credits Offered: 1.5
- Computer with Internet connection
- Current version of Chrome, Firefox or Safari browser.
- The quiz tools thin the online modules are not fully compatible with smartphones or tablets. In order to avoid issues, such as answers not being recorded, we recommend using a computer to complete the pre- and post-tests.
At the end of the course, there is a post-test, and you will have as many attempts as needed to earn a grade of 80% or higher to receive contact hours or CME credit. The survey to evaluate the course at the conclusion is also required to receive credit.
- Complete and view the entire recording (you cannot proceed with course until you view the recording in full and click the “mark complete” button.
- Complete the post test, and evaluation survey at the end of the course.
- You must earn a score of 80% or higher on the post-test in order to qualify for the 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- Contact hours or the official CME Documentation Form will be available to download.
Table of Contents:
- Course instructions
- Video (must view to the end to proceed to the next section)
- Assessment Course
- Complete course
Disclosures: The planners, presenters, and speakers do not have any relevant ﬁnancial relationships.
Joint Providership Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Maine Medical Education Trust and the Maine Medical Association, Center for Quality Improvement. The Maine Medical Education Trust is accredited by the Maine Medical Association Committee on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Funding for this online learning module was provided by the Maine Bureau of Licensure in Medicine.