Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Facilities: Opioid and Alcohol Use Disorders for Nurses and Nurse Leaders
By Amelia Hersey, PA-C
The learning objectives include:
- Definitions of alcohol and opioid use disorder
- Ways to adapt these to skilled nursing facility (SNF) and long-term care (LTC)
- Mock nursing care plans for patients with opioid use disorders (OUD)
This course is self-paced, and the estimated time to complete it is approximately 45 minutes. In addition to viewing the lesson, learners must achieve a score of 80% or higher on a post-assessment and complete the post-evaluation in order to receive a certificate of completion.
- Estimated Time to Complete: 45 minutes (includes viewing the lesson and completing both the quiz and evaluation)
- Registration Fee: FREE
- Computer with Internet connection
- Current version of Chrome, Firefox or Safari browser.
- The quiz tools thin the online modules are not fully compatible with smartphones or tablets. In order to avoid issues, such as answers not being recorded, we recommend using a computer to complete the pre- and post-tests.
At the end of the course, there is a post-test, and you will have as many attempts as needed to earn a grade of 80% or higher to receive a certificate of completion. The survey to evaluate the course at the conclusion is also required to receive credit.