Extended-Release Buprenorphine during pregnancy and post-partum - Alane O'Connor (ME SUD Learning Community)42:29
Substance Use Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (Kennebec Region Health Alliance Primary Care Forum)45:51
Emotionally Reactive or Highly Avoidant:
Medication management for co-occurring SUD & BPD in non-specialty care - Hilary Connery
Non-Prescribed Gabapentin: Why is
it happening and why is it important? - Stephanie Nichols, PharmD, MPH
Diagnosis and Treatment of ADHD
in Adults with Substance Use Disorder: Applying Evidence to a Common Clinical Quandary | Andrea Truncali, Lauren Moran, and Margaret Chaplin
Universal Screening, Brief Intervention
and Referral to Treatment: SBIRT within Primary Care - Eric Haram
When a Patient with Chronic Pain Loses
their Provider: Compassionate, Evidence-Based Responses | Elisabeth Mock, MD, MPH and Noah Nesin, MD
Illicit Drug Supply 2022: More Potent
Methamphetamine Forms and Mixtures of Fentanyl, and the "Xines" and "Xenes" | Richard Rawson, PhD
Contingency Management: An
Essential Treatment Approach for Individuals with Stimulant Use Disorder | Richard Rawson, PhD
Ambulatory Alcohol Withdrawal
Management | Nick Piotrowski, MD, FASAM, Medical Director, Addiction Psychiatry, MBH
Peer Support Roles in Primary Care:
How does it work? | Carol Squires, Dr. Kristine Silvia, Michael Niles, and Randy Morrison
OUD/SUD and Anxiety | Kevin Simon, MD, MPH | September 14, 2023
This talk delves into the intersection of opioid use disorder/substance use disorder (OUD/SUD) and anxiety in adults. Participants will learn how to differentiate and approach various anxiety types; screen, assess, and address co-occurring OUD/SUD, and understand appropriate pharmacologic management critical to patient care.
1. Differentiate between substance-induced anxiety, withdrawal-induced anxiety, and clinical organic anxiousness.
2. Employ effective screening methods to identify co-occurring OUD/SUD in patients presenting with anxiety.
3. Understand the implications and potential interactions of medications prescribed for anxiety when taken in conjunction with medications for opioid use disorder.
Safe and Effective Opioid Practices in the Hospital: Pharmacy Perspective - Whitney Jandreau, PharmD, BCPS52:36
Managing Legacy Patients on Controlled
Substances: Compassionate, Evidence-Based Responses - Noah Nesin, MD
Legal Issues and Controlled Substance Prescribing: How to Make It Work for ME | August 29, 2023 | Ben Townsend, Esquire, Elisabeth Fowlie Mock, MD, and Eric Haram, LADC
This webinar will build upon previous webinars on the topics of legal and regulatory requirements for controlled substance prescribing in Maine. In addition, ways to approach the prescribing of controlled substances from an office and organization level will be discussed. Time will be available to ask questions and offer up best practices.
- Understand the “Mandatory Use” and “Higher-Risk Prescriber” monitoring being done by the PMP
- Review Maine laws and rules related to opioid and other controlled substance prescribing
- Compare “Universal Precautions” policies and workflows intended to maximize patient safety and minimize prescriber risk